Friday, December 28, 2012

November 17, 2012

We woke up at 6:30 this morning and headed to the Aloha Cafe for breakfast. It was very busy this morning as all of us would be disembarking by 9am. We managed to find a table for four, but since there were only two of us we allowed an elderly gentleman from Southern California to join us. After breakfast we went back to our cabin to pack last minute things and rest for about an hour before our turn to disembark.

We got loaded on our bus and our luggage got loaded onto a cube van. Hopefully our luggage shows up soon.  
Luggage showed up and I had to shuffle things between my suitcase and carry on bags so that nothing was over weight.




Went for lunch with Kandi, Heidi, and Janice at Cheeseburger in Paradise. 

Hung out and read. 

Went for a walk along boardwalk.


 The lower ledge at the top of this hotel was our scrapbook room.

 View of Diamond Head from the boardwalk.

 It was cloudy and rained off and on today. I think Ohau was sad to see us go.


A nosy tree.

6:30pm boarded the bus to the airport.

There was a long lineup at the airport. It took almost 1.5 hours to get through security. There was no time to fill the my water bottle before boarding the plane.

During the 6 hour flight to Vancouver i slept quite a bit, as did most as it was an over night flight. We arrived in Vancouver at 5am. No rest there either. Had to pick up our luggage, go through security and customs then re-check the luggage and get to the gate to board the plane. This time I managed to get water into my bottle before boarding. Trouble is when we were in the air and I opened my bottle to take a drink it sprayed all over me. Oh well, needed a shower anyway.

We arrived in Calgary at 9am.

I would recommend to anyone to make at least one trip to Hawaii at least once in their life. I would totally go again if I could.


No comments: