Thursday, December 27, 2012

Luau and Polynesian Cultural Centre
November 8, 2012
Honolulu

This morning I had breakfast by myself on the beach. It was nice but I kind of missed the company. 
I returned to my room to get ready for the day. 


 Above: Taro Root Donut



 









While having lunch with Celia this little guy showed himself.








Crystal and I are catching the shuttle to Hilo Hattie's for some shopping this morning then we have a busy afternoon of events planned at the Polynesian Cultural Centre. 
A view of the mountains from the bus.

Paragliders in the sky

Our ticket for Luau and Breath of Life fire show.


Floating Parade

Hailie our guide.

Auntie Celia playing games.



A group of school children doing a hula.

Some of the ladies having dinner at the Luau

The show before dinner at the Luau.




A sneak peak behind the scenes before the fire show.

The hula skirts are made with tea leaves. They take a lot to burn.

Practicing behind the scenes

The costumes are hung on a dry cleaner rack to easily access them. I believe there were over 1200 costumes.

The show is about to start. There's no more photography allowed.

After the show. Get ready to board the bus back to Honolulu. Sweet dreams!


No comments: