Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 2 on Maui

November 12, 2012
Kahului on Maui

This morning we slept until 7am. We are still docked at Kahului on Maui Island. We had breakfast in the Skyline Dining Room. I had eggs Benny and Kandi had waffles with banana compote. 

 Ceiling above staircase in Skyline Restaurant.

Eggs Benny!

After breakfast we went to the scrapbooking room to get our I instructions for the day. Right after that we caught a shuttle into town that dropped us off at Island Paperie. They were expecting us, just not all at the same time. It's a small store with lots of product. It took a long time for everyone to get through the check out line. For every $50 you spent you got to pick a free item from a certain section. There were two options for catching shuttles back to the ship. K-Mart or Wallmart. Half of us went to K-Mart. Some of us waited over an hour and the shuttle which is supposed to stop every 20 minutes still hadn't come by. We ended up taking three cabs instead. It cost less than $8 per cab.

They make their own laser cut-outs
The aisles are pretty narrow
Outside waiting for the rest of our friends.

When we got back to the boat Kandi and I went to our cabin to rest and get pretty for dinner. It's a fancier dining room that has a reservation for all the crop and cruisers. I'm going to wear my new black dress.

We met up with a bunch of girls to get their glam photos done. Allison needed an assistant so I was one and Kandi was the other. I am learning a lot more about portrait photography and how to pose people. 




We played with a few different locations before going to dinner. I was impressed with everything but others were not. It was a slow process but no different from going to a fancy dinner.  

 Me and Kandi
The usual group!

We disembarked just as we were starting dinner and even though I took something I was not feeling good. I think my headache was making things worse. I went to bed, because once I'm laying down I'm fine. I started to watch Julie and Julia on my iPod for 45 minutes before I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. 

No comments: