Thursday, December 27, 2012

Tuesday November 6, 2012
Honolulu, HI

This morning I had breakfast on the beach with Bertha and Lynne. We were joined by May as soon as it started to sprinkle. In order to protect our cameras we moved under the picnic shelter where we were joined by Kay. After a good conversation May loomed out over the water and there was a beautiful 1/4 rainbow going from Sea to cloud. I actually almost forgot my camera this morning. I'm glad I went back for it!

As we were heading back we passed Kandi, Crystal, and Trudy going towards the beach. I have brushed my teeth and am putting my swollen feet up for airless bit before beginning my day of exploration on my own. I'll be shopping too!

I'm starting my adventure. It is quite a windy day. I almost lost my hat twice. I took the Aloha Hop on Hop Off bus to the ala mo wana shopping. 

The first thing I did was buy 'centreslippers' also known as flip flops then head to Mani Pedi Spa for a manicure and pedicure. It was wonderful and the lady I had was great. My nails look more realistic than the place I went to in Calgary. I think I'll be looking for a new place to go when I get back. 

I walked past the Apple Store on my way to Bubba Gumps for lunch. I took a photo but it looks like all the other Apple Stores. 

For lunch I am having a speckled strawberry lemonade and the Shrimper's Heaven. Chilly Shrimp, tempura Shrimp, coconut shrimp, fried shrimp with fries.  If you want the wait staff's attention you flip over the license plate to say Stop Forest Stop and if it's all good you leave it on Run Forest Run.

I found a couple of shirts at Macy's that will work for Glam Girls. I'm still looking for Jewellery. I didn't make it to Hilo Hattie's but I still plan to in the next day or so.

It's nearly 4 PM and I am waiting to head back to the hotel. By the way... 
Buses are called "the bus" and taxis are called "the cab" as I was waiting Crystal and Trudy showed up from their day. I rode back to the hotel with Trudy while Crystal wandered around the mall. We have a crop party tonight so she needs to be back by then. 

I am admiring my toes while I put them on the wall to reduce the swelling. Erin came back from the art journal all day class just tired and over heated. We had a visit and were just figuring out what to do for dinner when Kandi called to invite us out. Erin had decided on a salad from Subway and I went with the girls. It turned out to be May, Shelly, Kandi, Jennifer and me. I wasn't really hungry since I had s large late lunch, so I just had a chocolate malt. The restaurant we went to was called Teddy's Bigger Burgers. They have s 5oz, 9oz, and a 12oz to choose from if you wish. It was decent food and the malts and milkshakes were loved by all. 

We had just enough time to get to our rooms, change and grab our stuff for the Aloha Crop party. We made a Christmas ornament to remind us of our trip, a necklace and charm, and participated in a Basic Grey layout challenge. Now I am icing my feet to help with the swelling.

No comments: