Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day 16: Winnipeg Morning

We woke up around 7am and Jon had a shower before we got into the Station in Winnipeg. We were going to be 1/2 an hour early. Since there was no staff outside when we arrived they didn't let anyone off the train. Jon and I headed for breakfast where I had French Toast with yogurt to start and Jon had pancakes with muslix to start. We then went back to our room and got dressed for the -18C weather. As we were getting off Dennis our attendant said to me that it wasn't that cold outside and that I was dressed for the arctic since I was wearing my new rabbit fur lined hat with ear flaps. I just didn't want to be cold. They are allowing guests to get on and off the train until 10am and then they are closing the platform. We can start getting back on at 11am if we wish and the train departs at 12:30pm. We are going to head over the the Forks and see what is at the marketplace, but I thought I would update the blog for those who check often.

Michaelea

No comments: